Welcome -

Welcome - We Hope You Enjoy Traveling With Us. WE are off to South Dakota's Badlands and Black Hills

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Befor We Leave

Like all periods post trip, we had our "Get Ready" problems.

I had the coach at the house for about 5 days  (Monday) prior to our departure.  On Thursday, I was going to fuel-up.  I (attempted) to lift the "levers", and of course one one of the stiff legs remained in the down position.  After working with it for about a half hour, I went and called my "Service Guy" (Max) at Mike Thompson RV for help.  Max suggested several things, including bring it in even though "They were swamped", and see if someone could look at it.

I decided to try a new and unique approach.  I read the "Instruction Manual" under "Trouble Shooting" and guess what?  There it was...  my problem spelled out in the clearest detail.  I followed the instructions to the letter and was able to get the device out of the "Fail Mode" and back operational.  Will wonders never ease???  Imagine that...  Read the manual!  WOW!

Next, the refrigerator would not start.  It has 2 modes...  A/C (electrical) and LPG (Propane).  For the Propane to work, I needed electrical, which I had none of.  Nothing would happen when I pushed the On/Off (any) button.

I decided to do some "Trouble shooting" of my own, rather than bothering Max again.  I opened the outside panel to the back of the unit and was immediately presented with my solution...  Find someone that could make "Heads or Tails" of all the crap in there.
'
Hmmm...  Should I call Max?  I decided to see if I could find a "Traveling Repair" guy.  My neighbor across the street had good luck with the guy he had, but that guy was no longer in our area.  To the Internet I went.  There were several to choose from.

I picked the one at the top of the list...  because it was at the top of the list and the name sounded like he was close.  I called and got "Bret's" voice mail.  I left a message.  Bret called back within 10 minutes.  I explained my problem and that we were leaving the following day.

He had me pull the back panel off again, and he asked a few questions, including...

1)  Was there a sticker indicating there had been a "Modification"...  There was.

2)  Was there a "Red Light" shinning inside the "black" box at the top of the unit...  There was.

He explained why and what to do.  I did it...  and the unit reset.  All was well.

I offered to pay, and Bret said...  "Nope.  Next time."

I recommend:

South Coast Mobil RV Service and Repair.

So with everything working, Lauri was able to load the fridge, we packed our clothes, packed the Dog's things,  and we were (are) ready to get on the road tomorrow.