Welcome -

Welcome - We Hope You Enjoy Traveling With Us. WE are off to South Dakota's Badlands and Black Hills

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thursday, September 27, 2012

                      GET-A-WAY DAY

Today, we are all packing up and cleaning up our stuff.  it's Get-A-Way day for most.

It's been a super week, and I think I can speak for most everyone when I say...  "We all had a great time". 

My week was especially important to me.  My Mom took my brother and I on a 3 1/2 month trip to visit all our relatives after my Dad died.  South Dakota, Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands, and Black Hills were just some of the spots we visited.  To return was very special.

To search and find the "Old Homestead" of the Batterman family and where my Dad grew up was really nifty.  To locate my Grandparents graves was a nice extra.

Around camp, many are saying their good byes, and getting ready to leave.  For Lauri and I, the day will be a long 400 mile plus marathon.

Jim and Chris on the road
We'll be traveling with Jim and Chris, since they are also going to the state of Washington.  When I say, "Traveling with...", I mean, staying close on the road.  We'll most likely stay in the same RV parks as well.  It works as a "Safety" feature when traveling, to have someone you now with you.  Should be fun.

Our goal today will be somewhere mid state in Montana...  About Billings or so.  

Not looking forward to the long day!